Top 6 Tips to Promote Your Business Website on LinkedIn 24

First of all, Happy New Year to all of our customers and users.  We wish you a prosperous 2013. This is our first post for 2013 and we would like to start with some tips in promoting your website on Web 2.0 channels, in this case, LinkedIn.

LinkedIn is now getting more important for promoting businesses on the Internet.  Why? Because it is an ideal professional network (with over 180 million users in 200 countries) and is a great networking tool.  Many people thought that it only serves to display resumes on the network, but LinkedIn is much more than that.  This article will show you some important tips in using LinkedIn to promote your business website.

Research shows that every second, 2 new users to join the network, accounting for 180 million subscribers to date.  By connecting people and businesses professionally, your network on Linkedin allows the user to increase your contacts and expand your career. Therefore, it is necessary to understand its dynamics before you start using it.

Top six tips to promote your business website on Linkedin

Below are some key aspects that must be considered on LinkedIn that could help you in promoting your business website.

1) Use Company Profile

The company profile is a brief introduction to your business, a kind of fan page so that others can subscribe.  You need to include your company details in the description, services, experience and contact information.  Tips: A complete profile is essential to relay information about what you are selling to potential clients or contacts.

2) Answer Questions

Give the answers made ​​to these forums LinkedIn is another way to circulate the name of the company, demonstrating their expertise in the area in which it operates.  Responses also attract a certain audience for your brand, increasing your credibility to other professionals.

3) Register on Groups

This functionality allows entries in different groups or interests related to the company linked to it.

Being part of a discussion, feedback and insight helps publicize the name of the company, as each post you make brings the profile information. Contribute regularly with posts also generates a good number of hits.

4) Give Recommendations

The LinkedIn gives the opportunity to seek advice regarding their business by customers, employees or colleagues. Nothing better than to acquire confidence and positive comments show that credit to you or your service.

5) Posting Vacancies

Hiring someone is a reflection of healthy business development and expansion.  When you post vacancies on Linkedin, you will draw attention of professionals and those interested in business loans, spreading a positive impression, open and transparent.

6) LinkedIn Ads

Another excellent marketing tool that helps you create an identity for your business is the LinkedIn Ads.  You can actually reach an audience through select options such as demographics, geography, industry type and gender.  Recalling that the Ads are paid and you begin to invest from $10.

A couple of examples of Australian company profiles on LinkedIn:

• W Advisory on LinkedIn.  W Advisory website is one of our initial clients that has been successfully using Internet as their promotion channel in the past two years.
  • BusinessZoom on LinkedIn.  We updated our own company page two months ago.  Have a look at some changes on LinkedIn.

Watch LinkedIn video on how to build your LinkedIn company page to promote your website:

Conclusion

Many companies are not yet aware of the business potential that can be developed in LinkedIn.  Company’s presence in this social network will promote information about their products and services, designing marketing activities for free, create networking among entrepreneurs, partners and customers and keep abreast of developments in your industry and competitors.

Other external Web 2.0 channels available for Australia businesses include Yelp, TrueLocal and StartLocal.

For other Internet marketing tips, read also our last blog here.

24 thoughts on “Top 6 Tips to Promote Your Business Website on LinkedIn

1. Gundown64 Jan 8,2013 11:24 pm

What do you put for a company on linkedin profile if you work through an employment agency?

2. veemodz Jan 9,2013 4:24 am

I have a website and I post articles there often. I use BusinessZoom Web Dashboard but everytime I share my article link on Linkedin or Facebook the thumbnail image never shows even if I always insert images in my article, instead it’s an empty box in thumbnail area which is really ugly. Can anyone tell me how to make the thumbnail show?? Thanks loads!!!

3. RxP DarkBox Jan 9,2013 5:32 am

Hello All,

Humbly requesting experts please share if you the answer.

What are the dashboard metrics Facebook and LinkedIn tracking.

New Registration
    Reach
    Clicks
    Visits
    Referral Visits.

Waiting for your reply. Please share your thoughts.

4. Tyler H Feb 5,2013 3:28 am

Why are Linkedin friends offering so many recommendations about skills they don’t know about?

Is the expectation that if you offer a recommendation about my skills, that I am supposed to reciprocate?

5. Lasagna delivery guy Feb 5,2013 9:10 am

On Linkedin I want to add different societies and activities that I am involved in under my education section. How do I make them be on different lines?

6. Cliffy N Feb 5,2013 10:02 am

I am connected to someone in LinkedIn , but i can’t see that person’s other connections.

7. xiM Clutch Feb 5,2013 10:26 am

When I click on one of my Linkedin conections, it results to be a 3rd degree connection. However, I see his updates and can completely access his profile. Nevertheless, the “Connect” button is visible. What does it mean?

8. Clayton Cottrell Feb 5,2013 3:40 pm

I have heard some information about LinkedIn. Is it useful when searching for a job? Do employers look at LinkedIn for potential candidates or when screening an applicant? Would it be beneficial for me to join? How do you go about networking yourself with others on the site if you do not know too many people?

9. therundown2k3 Feb 5,2013 5:06 pm

If you have your profile set to PRIVATE on LinkedIn, will visitors of the site be able to read the recommendations that your contacts give you on linked in.

For example, your name is MIKE, and your contact named JAMES gives you a recommendation.

Let’s say, GREG happens to browse through JAMES’ profile. Will GREG be able to see the recommendation that JAMES gives MIKE?

I’m asking because I want to know if setting your profile to PRIVATE will also make your contact information invisible to those who visits your “friends/contacts” profile on LinkedIn.

Cheers.

10. krow147 Feb 5,2013 5:44 pm

I would prefer that connections in linkedIn (a social network) are NOT viewable UNLESS they join my network. I don’t want to inadvertently give out information of friends, colleagues and associates to anonymous persons.

11. che-che Feb 10,2013 9:43 pm

If I post a Twitter status, I would like it to also reflect on Google+, LinkedIn and Facebook. I know there is an app for Facebook to do this but is there something more universal?

12. tefa_96 Feb 11,2013 9:47 pm

How well do you need to know someone before adding them on LinkedIn?

I was at a conference a few weeks ago and met a lot of people. Is it ok to add someone on LinkedIn even if I only met them once and maybe spoke to for half an hour? Can I contact people whose presentations I have sat through but I didn’t talk to long?

13. Phillip123 Feb 11,2013 11:24 pm

I’m getting very frustrated looking for an engineering job, so I’m trying to find other strategies to land my first engineering job. Human resources sucks, so I’m going ahead and sending my job applications to company employees. So my question is: is it appropriate to contact company employees on LinkedIn and send them my resume and cover letter?

14. Dana G Feb 12,2013 3:49 pm

I keep being sent emails asking me to accept someone who wants me to accept them on LinkedIn but what is it?

15. Sydney Accountant Feb 12,2013 7:12 pm

I just stumbled throughout your blog as I had been looking on Yahoo. I need to thanks for using the time for you to share your ideas in your weblog. I will be sure to bookmark your website for long term reading through.
    campbeltown accountant

16. evangldbrg Feb 12,2013 8:12 pm

I have a SME business and am very active from a social media perspective. I have a LinkedIn account and a Facebook account.

17. Steve Feb 13,2013 2:11 pm

My website is stainlessfinishes.com.au and built using BusinessZoom website tool. I would like to drive more targeted (and legitimate) traffic to it. Any fresh ideas are welcomed.

Thanks,
    Steve

18. stealspartansbcglobalnet May 21,2013 11:44 pm

I’m trying to find a website so I can raise money for my cousin’s daughter who has a type of bone cancer. I swear I seen a website where if people gave enough money the person would do something (in my case i’d shave my head and quit smoking if I raised enough, hell if I raised any). I really wanna do something but I’m limited in what I can do so any help is greatly appreciated.

19. forahobby May 21,2013 11:49 pm

It was doing great for a long time but it’s been a while now that it’s been very bad, basically there’s no business and I thought to myself that he could really use some advertising. What should I do? Or atleast if it’s not for me to do I’ll pitch the ideas to him..

20. ibjammin44 May 22,2013 2:33 am

I’m currently in the process of making an online clothing store for my DIY vegan clothing store. I could really use some promotion in order to attract some people to go to my site. What is a good way to get the name out there?! Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

21. mmminja May 22,2013 5:02 am

I have got a new blog about Mobiles and I need to promote it. What are some best ways to get some traffic??

22. sick_mick_101 May 23,2013 4:39 pm

My blog is listed on Yahoo, and Google, yet how do i get my page rank up and improve the valve of my blog and domain.